Sunday 22 May 2011

In Spain in the membrane

Sooooo la prochaine aventure has begun!
Home for the next few months.

I am now in Alicante, Spain a.k.a. home for a while. It's been a strange 2 weeks, ups and downs, etc. Working in a language school, which DEFINITELY is not as exciting as I thought it would be when I got the job. So far I've been making databases and finding basketball clubs in England/France/Spain/Ireland and just about every other European country I can think of.The boss is bipolar- one minute moody and huffy, the next rambling on about something completely irrelevant, etc. And to top it all off, I'm unpaid! Bof, alors.

Alicante is a nice city, particuarly el barrio, a.k.a the old town, so cute in the day and home to all of the bars/restaurants at night. Had a few good nights out already with my work colleagues (mainly French, much to my delight) in Carpe Diem, Alicante's equivalent to Sinners in Newcastle. (I seem to find this everywhere...) and a few clubs around the port.

Beach is good, there's an old castle and H+M/Mango/Zara and that's Alicante in a nutshell. There's not a great deal of culture, although I did watch a free screening of Grease in the town hall square last week with some CouchSurfers, v. cultural if I do say so myself. Especially brilliant as characters burst into song in English.

Have spent copious amounts of time in Mercadona, supermarket for anyone on a budget in Alicante. I think the cashier recognises me already- should probably get more of a life...

Aims for the next month:
  • Go to Benidorm (only one hour away from Alicante on the tram). Just to see if it's what I've been imagining in my nightmares. I've already started streaming the TV series in preparation.
  • Go to the beach. Get something that resembles a faint tan/ colour in my cheeks.
  • Learn the lyrics to the Sugarhill Gang's 'Rapper's Delight'. So far I can do about 20 seconds.
  • Revise Spanish. Arrived here and realised I can't remember anything. Mierda!


Boredom?
This is brilliant. Cheers Tucknutt. http://twitter.com/#!/kanyewest/status/27590685489.

  • Geordie Shore= my new TV obsession, despite the fact that all of them belong in a skip in Whitley Bay. Trash TV at its finest, although apparently the Geordies aren't too impressed. According to my source (a shit newspaper), Geordie Shore has sparked a backlash for making girls from Newcastle look like 'fat slags'. Brilliant.

  • Listening to this a lot. Reminds me of my last few days in France when all I had was a radio and a shit load of food to eat up. Happy memories.



Soooooo Alicante. So far it's nothing on France......

No comments:

Post a Comment